.tullibardine - 225 - sauternes finish

Tullibardine is expanding their terrain at this moment, with the purchase of a closed shopping centre next door. I had tried this before and was not really enthusiastic about it, but after today's re-taste I have come to a different conclusion. The matured spirit has undergone a finish for 12 months in Chateau Suduiraut Sauternes casks, 225 litres in volume.

46% abv, €40, single malt

Nose: sweet, rather young, apple-pie, citrus, blood-oranges, spicy, cinnamon, nutmeg
Palate: sweet, fruity, apples, apple-pie, citrus, blood oranges, spicy, cinnamon
Finish: medium long, spicy, cinnamon, citrus peel, semi-dry
Mark: +++/++ 

Conclusion: Either this is another sample as I remember, or this is better over time. I had poured this, did something else for a while and came back to it after an hour or so. She opened up remarkably from the first time I remember drinking, and classifying her in the "try when all else fails" category. Good thing I did not wait too long. She is quite allright.

Thanks to Guus for this sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.